Treasure Leads to Action
The Fall Stewardship program is governed largely by two quotes from Reformers in this 500th anniversary of the Reformation:
• “The true treasure of the church is the most holy gospel of the glory and grace of God.” –Martin Luther, thesis 62
• Reformation ends not in contemplation, but in action.” –George Gillespie (1613-48), theologian
We will always be reminded that the church exists primarily for telling the good news of Jesus Christ, the Gospel. Martin Luther continually rehearses this theme. All that we do, including our stewardship, is for the sake of the Gospel.
At the same time, the Gospel is not an end in itself, nor does the Reformation end in some simple exercise of the brain or the spirit. It always leads to action. To that end, we will be reminded this fall in many ways of these truths. Interviews of three Bethel members will be conducted at the weekend services:
- Sept 16/17—How the Gospel has led to action in my stewardship of time—Jessica Petersen
- Sept 23/24—How the Gospel has led to action in my stewardship of talents—Julie Anderson
- Sept 30/Oct 1—How the Gospel has led to action in my stewardship of finances—Pastor Bob Onkka
- October 7/8 we will have our ingathering of commitments and cheesecake (Saturday) or pancakes (Sunday).
And, who knows? Flat Luther may show up from time to time…
Check out Flat Luther’s Adventures
Flat Luther will be going on various adventures throughout the fall. Check them out below.
Click here to download and print your own Mini Flat Luther to take on adventures with you. Send photos to email@example.com so we can share them with everyone.