Established in 1993, The Bethel Lutheran Church Endowment Fund was created to encourage, receive, and manage gifts that are intended to benefit the congregation. The earnings from these gifts are used to address needs within Bethel and the community.
The Bethel Endowment supports the mission and vision of our congregation and it complements our efforts to commit, prepare, and minister. Joined together, our individual legacies and endowment contributions help fulfill our current and future needs. Through the Endowment Fund, Bethel has the ability to:
- Give its members a way to continue Christian Stewardship beyond our lifetime.
- Help perpetuate financial support.
- Receive gifts from those who wish to remember loved ones in a lasting way.
- Provide financial strength to meet challenges in the years ahead.
- Help minister to our youth, our elderly, and our neighbors.
- Enter new ventures for Jesus Christ through His Church.
Contributions can be forwarded to the Endowment using such ways as:
- Outright gifts – money, securities, personal property, and/or real estate
- Bequests – cash or other gifts designated in a donor’s will
- Charitable Trusts
- Memorials – gifts given in honor of or in memory of a loved one
- Life Insurance/Annuity
- IRA/Retirement Funds
All gifts which come in to the Endowment Fund are managed under the direction of an elected board of trustees in accordance with the Constitution and By-laws of Bethel. The Endowment Team currently uses Wells Fargo Investment Management and Trust Department to oversee and properly invest the funds and monies which come into the church. The overall fund balance (approximately $1,300,000.00) is further divided into education, children’s ministries, fellowship, missions, youth, music, properties, seminary support, scholarships and undesignated purposes.
If you would like more information regarding the Endowment or would like to contribute to this Fund, please contact 507-288-6430.