As members of Bethel, we are blessed to have a beautiful and inspiring place to worship. Of course, God can be worshipped anywhere, but having a well-maintained church surrounds us with a sense of God’s eternal order and comfort.
The facilities of Bethel serve an important role in our mission to proclaim the Gospel, prepare members for outreach and service, and to minister to human needs. Many organizations use Bethel’s facilities to serve the community, including: Community Food Response, Augsburg College, Lions Club, Honors Choirs, Next Chapter Ministries, New Beginnings, Food for Kidz, Channel One Foodshelf, and many more.
Our church home is in now in need of several important maintenance and renovation projects – from the roof to the basement. These projects are relatively large and infrequent, so they don’t fit well into the planning of an annual operating budget. The church council has determined that the best way to fund these projects is with a short capital campaign to raise $125,000.
“Top to Bottom” Improvements:
- Re-roof the office/education wing. This roof is over 25 years old. The roof is sound now, but expert inspection indicates that re-roofing must occur soon to prevent the risk of structural damage.
- Seal and stripe the main parking lot.
- Replace a 56 year old sump pump.
- Renovate lower level restrooms. They are also 56 years old!
- Replace failing video projectors in sanctuary.
- Other miscellaneous, but necessary projects.
The goal is to have this campaign completed by April 15th so the improvements can be completed during the summer of 2016.
How to Contribute
Please consider making a contribution to this campaign in addition to your annual giving commitment. Gifts are preferred to be immediate, one-time donations instead of multi-year pledges. Appropriate in-kind donations are also welcome. Ways to give: